Connect with us

Breaking News

Yale graduate student, 26, fatally shot in New Haven

Published

on

Yale graduate student, 26, fatally shot in New Haven

A Yale University graduate student was shot and killed Saturday night in New Haven’s East Rock neighborhood, the school said.

Police responded to reports of seven shots fired at the intersection of Lawrence and Nicoll streets at around 8:30 p.m. to find Kevin Jiang, 26, lying dead in the middle of the road, the New Haven Independent reported.

Cops found Jiang’s body in close proximity to his Prius, which had rear-end damage, according to the Independent. Police are investigating whether a car crash preceded the slaying.

Jiang, a student at Yale’s forestry school, lived nearby with his fiancé and mother, according to the report. He was an active member of Trinity Baptist Church on State Street, where he was remembered Sunday as “cheerful, energetic” and “joyful.”

The victim previously served a stint in the US Army and remained a member of the National Guard at the time of his death, according to his LinkedIn page.

Yale President Peter Salovey called Jiang “an extraordinary young man.”

“The New Haven Police Department is treating this incident as a homicide and is actively working on apprehending the person or people responsible,” Salovey said in a statement.

Jiang is the first Yale graduate student murdered in New Haven since 2009, when cops found 24-year-old animal research technician Annie Le stuffed in a wall in the lab where she worked.

Le’s 44-year-old male coworker eventually copped to the crime, and Yale agreed to pay her family $3 million to settle a lawsuit alleging the university had failed to adequately protect women on campus.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

‘OnlyFans’ mom of expelled kids says the dads all knew

Published

on

By

'OnlyFans' mom of expelled kids says the dads all knew

The mom whose kids were expelled from a K–8 Catholic school in Sacramento following an uproar among parents over her posting racy images on her OnlyFans page insists that there were dads in the school community who knew very well what she was up to and that some of them likely even subscribed in secret, the Daily Star reports.

After the group of parents at the Sacred Heart school in the California capital found out that the mom, Crystal Jackson, 44, was posing under the name Tiffany Poindexter on OnlyFans, they had her kids kicked out because they said she didn’t uphold the moral code expected of parents.

But it could be that some of those moms need to look no further than their own husbands when it comes to passing judgment about the OnlyFans account of the woman whose kids they ensured were expelled. 

Jackson told LADBible: “There were some dads that had found it, and they were just like: ‘Hey, cool, I know who you are, you know who I am, I’m not gonna say anything.”

***”But all of a sudden some dad who was just not following man code told his wife and then she just lost her s***, and she told another woman, and she told another woman, and it got into the hands of the main mean girl, and it was like – game on.

OnlyFans mum whose kids were expelled from school claims dads knew about her page

When LADBible asked the mom whose kids got expelled whether some of the school’s dads might have secretly subscribed to her OnlyFans page, she replied, “Oh, hell yes.”

Jackson continued: “There was another dad that got on my page back in July, and he’s like: ‘Oh, hey, I heard about you from a dad at school.”

Even though her kids got expelled from school, the mom isn’t giving up her OnlyFans account. Not when she’s raking in about $150,000 a month as one of the site’s biggest MILFs.

LADBible reports that after the moms at the Catholic school found out about Jackson’s OnlyFans page, not only did they start a campaign to expel her kids, they also bullied her mercilessly.

Reflecting on the feud, Crystal tells LADbible: “It got so bad that we ended up getting threatening phone calls from some of the moms, they were like ‘You need to leave the school, or do you want to fight these moms because they’re going to take you down, and you should just leave pack up and like move now’.

OnlyFans Mum Whose Kids Were Expelled From School Says She Was ‘Body Shamed’

“And I’m like, ‘What century do we live in?’” Jackson reflected on the abuse she suffered at hands of the moms who saw to it that her kids got expelled over her OnlyFans escapades.

“I’m like, ‘No, I’m not going to leave and I’m not going to kick my kids out’. I’m like, ‘You guys are bullying and body shaming me at this point’.”

Jackson said she presumed the moms were driven to get her kids expelled from school over her OnlyFans page because they were consumed with jealousy.

She further said her kids should not be made to suffer because of her actions, OK! Magazine reports.

“My kids are really good and all this is doing is hurting them,” the 44-year-old mom said. “Take me down, that’s fine, but leave my kids out of this… I didn’t want to be put out there, but at some point, I have to stand up and say I can’t take it anymore because this behavior is horrible.”

Mom Who Rakes In $150K A Month On OnlyFans Reveals Kids Got Expelled From Catholic School After ‘Gut-Wrenching’ Take Down

Jackson said that she went on OnlyFans to spice up her marriage after she and her husband were on the brink of divorce. It never occured to the mom that she would see her kids expelled and have her life become a national news story. 

She reported that her use of the racy subscription site has been empowering for her.

The Daily Mail reports that when the mom got the news that her OnlyFans account had gotten her kids expelled, she and her family were nevertheless devastated. 

“We are incredibly shocked, upset, and unsettled,” she said shortly after receiving the expulsion email from the school on February 21.

‘We received an email at 8pm [on Sunday, February 21] saying our kids were no longer welcome at the school and they should not return from Monday.*

OnlyFans model claims her three sons have been KICKED OUT of Catholic school because of her raunchy online career – after outraged conservative parents found her account and began ‘bullying’ her family

Continue Reading

Breaking News

18 killed, 30 wounded in Myanmar crackdown: UN official

Published

on

By

18 killed, 30 wounded in Myanmar crackdown: UN official

YANGON, Myanmar — Security forces in Myanmar opened fire and made mass arrests Sunday as they sought to break up protests against the military’s seizure of power, and a U.N. human rights official said it had “credible information” that 18 people were killed and 30 were wounded.

That would be the highest single-day death toll among protesters who are demanding that the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi be restored to power after being ousted by a Feb. 1 coup.

“Deaths reportedly occurred as a result of live ammunition fired into crowds in Yangon, Dawei, Mandalay, Myeik, Bago and Pokokku,” the U.N. Human Rights Office said in a statement referring to several cities, adding that the forces also used tear gas, flash-bang grenades and stun grenades.

“We strongly condemn the escalating violence against protests in Myanmar and call on the military to immediately halt the use of force against peaceful protesters,” its spokesperson Ravina Shamdasani was quoted saying.

An Associated Press journalist was taken into police custody on Saturday morning while providing news coverage of the protests. The journalist, Thein Zaw, remains in police custody.

The Democratic Voice of Burma reported that as of 5 p.m. in Myanmar, there had been 19 confirmed deaths in nine cities, with another 10 deaths unconfirmed. The independent media company broadcasts on satellite and digital terrestrial television, as well as online.

DVB counted five deaths in Yangon and two in Mandalay, the largest and second-largest cities.

It registered five deaths in Dawei, a much smaller city in southeastern Myanmar that has seen tens of thousands of protesters nearly every day since the coup. Witnesses said Sunday’s march was also large and people were determined not to be driven off the streets.

Confirming the deaths of protesters has been difficult amid the chaos and general lack of news from official sources, especially in areas outside Yangon, Mandalay and the capital of Naypyitaw. But in many cases, photos and video circulated showed circumstances of the killings and gruesome photos of bodies.

Gunfire earlier had been reported during protests in Yangon, as police also fired tear gas and water cannons while trying to clear the streets. Photos of shell casings from live ammunition used in assault rifles were posted on social media.

Initial reports on social media identified one young man believed to have been killed. His body was shown in photos and videos lying on a sidewalk until other protesters carried him away.

In Dawei, local media reported at least three people were killed during a protest march, supported by photos and video. Photos on social media showed one wounded man in the care of medical personnel.

Before Sunday, there had been eight confirmed reports of killings linked to the army’s takeover, according to the independent Assistance Association of Political Prisoners.

The Feb. 1 coup reversed years of slow progress toward democracy after five decades of military rule. Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy party would have been installed for a second five-year term in office, but the army blocked Parliament from convening and detained her and President Win Myint, as well as other top members of Suu Kyi’s government.

On Sunday morning, medical students marched in Yangon near the Hledan Center intersection, which has become the gathering point for protesters who then fan out to other parts of the city.

Videos and photos showed protesters running as police charged at them, and residents setting up makeshift roadblocks to slow their advance. Some protesters managed to throw tear gas canisters back at police. Nearby, residents were pleading with police to release those they picked up from the street and shoved into police trucks to be taken away. Dozens or more were believed to be detained.

“The world is watching the actions of the Myanmar military junta, and will hold them accountable,” said Phil Robertson, deputy Asia director for New York-based Human Rights Watch. “Live ammunition should not be used to control or disperse protests and lethal force can only be used to protect life or prevent serious injury.”

Security forces began employing rougher tactics on Saturday, taking preemptive actions to break up protests and making scores, if not hundreds, of arrests. Greater numbers of soldiers also joined police. Many of those detained were taken to Insein Prison in Yangon’s northern outskirts, historically notorious for holding political prisoners.

According to the Assistance Association of Political Prisoners, as of Saturday, 854 people had been arrested, charged or sentenced at one point in relation to the coup, and 771 were being detained or sought for arrest. The group said that while it had documented 75 new arrests, it understood that hundreds of other people were also picked up Saturday in Yangon and elsewhere.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Former CIA director John Brennan slams Biden on MBS

Published

on

By

Former CIA director John Brennan slams Biden on MBS

​Former CIA Director John Brennan called for President Biden to ban Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman from the US following the release of an intelligence report last week that blamed the Saudi royal ruler for the death of ​dissident ​Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.

The report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence concluded that the crown prince “approved an operation in Istanbul, Turkey, to capture or kill” Khashoggi​,  a journalist who was deeply critical of the Saudi royal family.​

It said the assessment was “the Crown Prince’s control of decision making in the Kingdom.”

Brennan, who led the CIA from March 2013 to January 2017​,​ said Biden must hold ​bin ​Salman accountable​ despite the strategic alliance between the two countries.​​

He said the president should be able to “distinguish” ​between ​that partnership “and the actions of one man​.”​

“That’s why I’m really hoping that the Biden administration is going to hold him accountable, saying that he is not going to come to the United States for any official or personal visits​,” Brennan said Saturday on MSNBC.​​

He also said Biden administration officials should not attend any high-level meetings with bin Salman, Saudi’s de facto ruler, to send a direct message to other ​leaders​ in the Middle East and around the world.

“That has to be made very clear, not just to M​u​hammed bin Salman and the rest of the Saudi government, but also to other governments throughout the region,​”​ Brennan said.

“​They cannot get away with this because the Biden administration is going to hold them to certain standards in terms of human rights and values​,” he added.​

The intelligence report said a 15-member Saudi team arrived in Istanbul on Oct. 2, 2018, the day of the killing under the supervision of Saud al-Wahtani, a close adviser to bin Salman, “who claimed publicly in mid-2018 that he did not make decisions without the Crown Prince’s approval.”

Seven members of bin Salman’s elite personal protective detail, a unit that answers only to the prince, ​were part of that team.​Khashoggi, a US resident and columnist for the Washington Post, was reportedly dismembered.​

His body has never been discovered.​

In the wake of the report, Biden announced sanctions against scores of other Saudis but not bin Salman, citing the need to preserve the partnership between the two countries.​

But after being criticized by Democrats and Republicans for going easy on bin Salman, who is also known as “MBS,” the president signaled on Saturday that another announcement was coming Monday.

“There will be an announcement on Monday as to what we are going to be doing with Saudi Arabia generally.”

Continue Reading

Trending