Connect with us

Breaking News

Woman claims 20 firemen raped her as a teen over two years in France

Published

on

Woman claims 20 firemen raped her as a teen over two years in France

Twenty firemen allegedly had sex with a young teenage girl in France — and the country is now fiercely debating whether the incidents constitute rape.

Protests broke out across the country over the weekend in support of the woman, now 25, who says the attacks began when she was just 13, after a firefighter assisted her during an anxiety seizure in 2008, the UK’s Guardian reported.

The woman, dubbed “Julie” by French media, says the fireman soon had sex with her and passed her around to his cronies — some of whom raped her together in uniform — for two years.

Her mother told investigators she had no idea what was going on, saying she thought the smoke-eaters were just being nice by taking an interest in her daughter.

“I even made a cake for the firemen,” she said, according to the Guardian.

At least three of the firefighters have admitted to having sex with the then-teen — but argue she was a willing partner.

France does not have an age-of-consent law, so a child is not automatically considered a rape victim.

But there is a law on the books that prevents those in positions of authority from having sex with someone under age 18, so three firefighters have at least been charged with “sexual violation,’’ the Guardian said. The rap carries a prison term of up to seven years.

Still, the woman and her advocates are demanding the firemen face the harsher charge of rape. But for that, the victim must prove she was violently forced or coerced into the sex act. The charge carries up to 20 years behind bars.

The country’s highest court is set to hear arguments in the case Wednesday.

“Every stereotype about rape is in this case: The judges and the psychiatrist say Julie is a liar, that she consented to sex with all those men and that she is lying about being raped because she is ashamed,” said the woman’s exasperated legal advocate, Marjolaine Vignola.

There are now renewed calls to enact an age-of-consent law in the country.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Feds bust NY Capitol rioter who photographed congressional documents

Published

on

By

Christopher Moynihan has been arrested and charged after he broke into the Senate chamber and took photos of official congressional notes and documents during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

A Capitol rioter from New York who broke into the Senate chamber and took photos of official congressional notes and documents during last month’s siege has been arrested and charged, according to federal authorities.

The suspect, Christopher Moynihan of Salt Point, was busted Thursday afternoon after two people he previously worked with told investigators they saw him in video footage of the riot, according to New York prosecutors.

In the footage, Moynihan is seen in the Senate chamber taking photos of official congressional documents that are “believed to detail the objections and votes of certain congressional members on the certification of electoral results,” an FBI agent wrote in a affidavit in support of federal charges against the suspect.

“There’s got to be something we can use against these f–king scumbags,” Moynihan is heard saying on the video as he rifles through the documents, prosecutors said.

Moynihan’s former co-workers gave the feds his cellphone number, and investigators linked it to a cell site near the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

The suspect was hit with a number of charges by prosecutors in White Plains federal court, including disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Five people died in the riot — including Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick — as a frenzied mob of Donald Trump supporters stormed the building that day in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Man tried to bury wife alive at California beach, cops say

Published

on

By

Man tried to bury wife alive at California beach, cops say

A man attempted to bury his wife alive during a horrifying attack at a California beach Thursday night, cops said. 

The woman called 911 just before 9 p.m., reporting that her husband had just tried to kill her on Coronado Beach, local police said. 

The couple visited the beach earlier in the evening and got into an argument that escalated when the suspect, later identified as Jose Luis Mares III, 23, of Moreno Valley, started attacking his wife, cops said. 

He tried to throw her into the surf, and then brought her near a lifeguard tower, where he tried burying her in the sand, according to cops and local outlet KSWB-TV.

“She said there was a hole in the ground and the hole had previously been there from probably kids digging it during the day,” Detective Ryan Brennan of  the Coronado Police Department told the station. “But during the struggle, she said he threw her in that hole when he began putting sand on top of her.”

He kicked her repeatedly, and then stopped and ran away, Brennan told the outlet. 

“We don’t know what scared him away,” the police official said. “Perhaps it was someone walking by.”

The woman escaped and ran toward Ocean Boulevard, where a passerby found her on the sidewalk. Paramedics brought her to a trauma center in San Diego. 

Cops found Mares a short time later hiding in the backyard of a nearby home, authorities said. 

He was charged with attempted murder, assault causing great bodily injury, domestic violence, false imprisonment and a parole violation, police said. 

Mares was a parolee previously convicted for carjacking and burglary, the local station reported, citing the California Department of Corrections.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Car located in mysterious case of missing Colorado grandmother

Published

on

By

Car located in mysterious case of missing Colorado grandmother

Family of a missing mom and grandmother in Colorado claim the woman was planning to confront her cheating partner just before she mysteriously vanished.

According to the Daily Mail, 49-year-old grandmother Marlena Mizell was last seen leaving a gas station in South Forks, Colorado in early January before she mysteriously went missing.

Her last cell phone ping was north of Dulce, New Mexico — 44 miles away from the location she was last seen alive.

Police in the region have now said they found Mizell’s missing car, but have yet to properly inspect or recover the vehicle due to inclement weather in the area making for dangerous conditions.

Megan Mizell said she last spoke to her mother on the phone at 10.16am on the morning of her disappearance, and she said it was a ‘semi-normal’ conversation that lasted a couple of minutes. 

Missing mom’s car is found in Colorado two months after the 49-year-old was last seen pumping gas – as her daughters reveal she was going to confront her fiance and his lover about their affair

According to Mizell’s family, the Colorado grandmother went mysteriously missing just a day after broadcasting nude photos of her partner’s alleged lover.

According to The U.S. Sun, Marlena Mizell’s daughters, Sarah Ferguson and Megan Mizell, told a true crime podcast that their last conversation with their mother worried them.

••••••••••••••••••••••••
Download the Knewz App
iOS: https://knz.kn/ios
Android: https://knz.kn/android
••••••••••••••••••••••••

“But at the very end she said, ‘I love you, Megan,’ in a way that I’m not used to, so that kind of raised some concerns with me,” Megan recalled of an otherwise “semi-normal” conversation that day Mizell vanished.

The daughter said she later learned her mother left to confront her partner and the alleged lover soon after the phone call ended.

Megan has since discovered that just 15 minutes after their phone call, her mom allegedly went to confront her fiance and a woman named ‘Jennifer’ about their affair.

Marlena Mizell – Car belonging to Colorado mom who vanished after she posted nudes of husband’s alleged lover is FOUND

A month after the missing Colorado grandmother’s mysterious disappearance, Marlena’s partner Kurt posted a message on Facebook that read: “My fiancée has been missing now 30 days. It been a heart breaking crisis in our family and we’re all praying for her safe return.”

“I pray every day God brings Marlena back to me, and her whole family safely and soon. We haven’t found any trace of her car, her, or anything she left out of here with, which is very little.”

According to KCNC in Denver, Mizell was reported missing by Kurt the day after she disappeared.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.

The South Fork Police Department is requesting assistance from the public in locating Mizell. 

Missing Woman: State Now Helping In Search For Marlena Mizell

Mizell’s daughters said they have been unable to contact their mother in the weeks since the Colorado grandmother mysteriously went missing, and that there has been no activity on her bank account.

Police have not said if they suspect foul play. According to Fox affiliate KDVR, she was last seen wearing a black one-piece jumpsuit.

No one has been identified as a suspect or a person of interest, and no arrests have been made.  

Anyone with information is asked to contact the South Forks Police Department.

Mizell has high cheek bones and scars on her chin and neck. Her ears are pierced and she has two tattoos: a hummingbird near her stomach and a butterfly on her ankle.

Woman missing from South Fork for over a week

Continue Reading

Trending