Connect with us

Entertainment

Willie Garson and more join ‘Sex and the City’ revival

Published

on

Willie Garson and more join 'Sex and the City' revival

The boys are back in town.

Despite not having Kim Cattrall as Samantha Jones, almost all of the original “Sex and the City” gang will be back for the revival series, “And Just Like That.”

HBO Max announced Wednesday that Mario Cantone, David Eigenberg, Willie Garson and Evan Handler will reprise their roles on the show. Cantone, 61, will bring back sassy event planner Anthony Marentino, who married Stanford Blatch, played by 57-year-old Garson. Eigenberg, 57, is returning as Steve Brady, along with 60-year-old Handler’s Harry Goldenblatt.

Previously announced cast members include Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis, Chris Noth and Sara Ramírez, who will play “a non-binary, queer, stand-up comedian that hosts a podcast on which Carrie Bradshaw is regularly featured,” according to HBO.

Apart from Cattrall’s absence, another notable character missing from this latest announcement is Jason Lewis’ hunky character, Smith Jerrod. The actor revealed recently that he was not asked back to the show.

“I have not, but I would be the last to know!” Lewis told the Daily Front Row. “As much as I appreciate the flattery, the conversation is about the girls.”

As for Carrie’s other man, Aidan Shaw, a Daily Mail report claimed that John Corbett would be returning, too, but the actor was not included in HBO’s latest batch.

Another relic tied to Aidan from the beloved HBO show was also unearthed recently, though. Sarah Jessica Parker brought back a fond memory for fans when she shared a photo of a memorable pair of Manolo Blahniks from an iconic Carrie Bradshaw moment.

“Unearthed,” the 56-year-old star wrote in a caption with an Instagram photo of the shoe, which was the pair Aiden’s dog ate in an episode.

“And Just Like That,” which will be a limited series of 10 half-hour episodes, is scheduled to begin production in New York this summer. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Apple releases highly-anticipated, secret Beats earbuds

Published

on

Apple releases highly-anticipated, secret Beats earbuds

After years of anticipation and weeks of rumors, Apple has finally released the Beats Studio Buds. 

The existence of the secret headphones — which Apple sleuths have been excitedly expecting since 2014 — was at last confirmed on Monday when they also became available to order. The sleek new ear gear costs $149.99 on Apple.com and comes in the classic Beats colors of black, white and red. They will begin to ship on June 24. 

“Studio Buds is our tiniest, most subtle form factor to date, yet keeps Beats’ promise of delivering an immersive sound experience in a beautiful design,” said Beats and Apple Music vice president Oliver Schusser in a press release. “In building a product this small, every minute detail was considered, analyzed and selected to optimize for sound quality, comfort and durability.” 

The Buds feature one-touch pairing, have up to eight hours of battery life and two listening modes, active noise canceling mode and Transparency mode, the latter for “when you need to hear the world around you,” according to the press release. 

To experience the full capacity of the technology, Beats head of acoustics Todd Parker recommends listening to Saweetie’s “Best Friend,” Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” Radiohead’s “Fake Plastic Trees” and Daft Punk’s “Doin’ It Right.” 

Ahead of Monday’s announcement, various celebrities were spotted sporting the previously unreleased gear, including LeBron James and soccer star Alex Morgan. Apple obsessives have also found evidence of the headphones’ development in Federal Communications Commission’s reports and internal reference numbers over the years. 

“The Beats Studio Buds might be the most leaked earbuds in the history of earbuds that have leaked,” postulated one industry website on Friday. “They’re a thing, but they aren’t. They will be, but they aren’t yet. Except they are because people keep having their photos taken while they’re wearing them. But they aren’t a thing yet.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kevin Hart slams cancel culture cops: ‘Shut the f–k up!

Published

on

Kevin Hart slams cancel culture cops: 'Shut the f--k up!

‘Nobody’s perfect’ seems to be the rallying cry of those opposed to cancel culture — including Kevin Hart.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, the comedian and actor attacked the internet trend, saying, “Shut the f–k up!”

Cancel culture — the viral phenomenon of “cancelling” people, brands, companies, and shows because of problematic ideologies either from the past or present — has changed comedy, according to Hart, 41. Things that used to be funny or accepted are now cancellable, and the possibility of old stand-up bits and tweets resurfacing could “bite you in the ass.”

The only way to grow, he said, is to mess up and learn from it.

“If you allow it to have an effect on you, it will. Personally? That’s not how I operate,” Hart told the UK outlet. “I understand people are human. Everyone can change.”

Hart, having been cancelled a number of times in recent years, also reflected on stepping down from hosting the Oscars in 2019 after receiving backlash on the internet over homophobic tweets and old jokes.

He posted a lengthy apology on his Instagram after the debacle, reemphasizing the need for personal growth that comes from learning from mistakes.

Hart isn’t the first celebrity to mock cancel culture, though. Last month, Chris Rock blamed the trend for creating “boring” entertainment because people are playing it too “safe.” Both comedians echoed similar sentiments about cancel culture transforming the comedy sector.

While the cancel culture trend gained traction the last few years — most notably with Ellen DeGeneres and J.K. Rowling in 2020 — this year, even Dr. Seuss was subject to cancel culture. In March, the books’ publisher announced they were pulling the licensing to six titles due to offensive depictions of black and Asian characters.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ned Beatty dead at 83

Published

on

Ned Beatty dead at 83

Veteran character actor Ned Beatty, best known for his work in “Superman” and “Network,” died in his sleep Sunday. He was 83.

The death, reported by TMZ, was confirmed by a family member who said he passed while surrounded by his family.

No further details about the death were immediately available but TMZ was told the death was not COVID-related.

Beatty was an on-screen legend throughout his five-decade-plus career and was known for his wide range of abilities.

In the 1976 box office hit “Network,” Beatty delivered a stunning 5 to 6-minute long monologue where he attempts to convince the protagonist to accept a major merger deal that wouldn’t be good for the public.

The performance ended up earning him a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the Oscars that year and in 1978, he stunned the masses again when he played a completely different character in “Superman.”

As Otis, the foolish sidekick of Gene Hackman’s Lex Luthor, Beatty proved to Hollywood he could play comedic characters just as well as he could play serious ones and continued the role during the “Superman II” sequel in 1980.

In his on screen debut in 1972, Beatty starred in the psychological thriller “Deliverance” and was the onscreen victim in the infamous “Squeal like a pig” rape scene that’d go down in film history as one of the most depraved moments to ever hit the box office.

In his older age, Beatty took on a number of voice acting roles in “Rango” and “Toy Story 3” where he played a devilish pink bear named Lotso and also appeared in major television series like “”MASH,” “CSI,’” and “Murder, She Wrote.”

He leaves behind his wife Sandra Johnson and eight children and grandchildren.

Continue Reading

Trending