Connect with us

Breaking News

Tiger Woods posts photo of himself using crutches weeks after horrific crash

Published

on

😃

Tiger Woods wore a big cast — and big smile — in an Instagram photo posted Friday to update fans on his recovery following a high speed car crash outside Los Angeles.

“My course is coming along faster than I am ,”  Woods wrote alongside a picture showing him grinning in a pair of crutches beside his dog, his leg wrapped in a cast and black brace. 

“But it’s nice to have a faithful rehab partner, man’s best friend.” 

The photo was the first Woods has posted of himself since a serious car wreck on Feb. 23 that left him so injured that some experts said his golf career could be over. 

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office later determined Woods was going as fast as 87 mph, close to double the limit, in the crash, which could’ve killed him had it not been for the steely interior of the loaner 2021 Genesis GV80 he was driving. 

Tiger was in the accident in late February.
Tiger was in the accident in late February.
AP

The PGA legend was barreling down Hawthorne Boulevard in Rancho Palos Verdes when he smashed into a raised median, hit a curb and then a tree, sending the SUV airborne before landing in a patch of shrubbery. 

Woods was knocked unconscious in the accident and suffered a shattered ankle, two broken bones and will need serious rehabilitation before he can think about getting back on the links, experts previously said. 

A police report later showed that Woods was “combative” with officers after the crash and he believed he was in his home state of Florida, not California, when they initially responded to the scene.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Body of missing KPMG executive Alan White found in Texas

Published

on

Body of missing KPMG executive Alan White found in Texas

The body of a Dallas businessman who has been missing since October was found in a wooded area of the Texas city.

A survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains near the campus Thursday, police said.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner identified the remains as Alan White, an executive at accounting firm KPMG who was last seen gassing up his Porsche after a gym visit on Oct. 22.

The 55-year-old’s vehicle was found about a week later, and there were no signs of a struggle or accident.

“Your mind goes through all these scenarios of what could’ve happened,” White’s husband Rusty Jenkins said at the time. “But it’s all just kind of guesses until we get some facts or some leads. But your mind plays games all day of what did happen, what could’ve happened.”

There is a $10,000 reward for information related to the case.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Disney World drops outdoor mask requirement

Published

on

Disney World drops outdoor mask requirement

The only people required to wear masks outside at Disney World will be the costumed characters.

The Orlando, Fla., park will only require customers to wear masks in indoor areas and on public transportation beginning Saturday, Blog Mickey reported.

The Friday announcement comes a day after Disney chief executive Bob Chapek touted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decision to lift mask requirements as “very big news,” that will cause an attendance spike at theme parks.

A relaxed mask policy, Chapek added, will be a relief to Disney World customers, “particularly if anybody’s been in Florida in the middle of summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting.”

 Disneyland in California is still subject to the state’s mask order. 

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Israeli airstrike reportedly kills at least seven Palestinians

Published

on

israeli-airstrike-634

At least seven Palestinians were reported killed in Gaza City by an Israeli airstrike early Saturday as the worst fighting between Israel and Hamas since 2014 ground on with no quick end in sight, despite efforts by the U.S. and Egypt to broker a ceasefire.

Palestinian media quoted by The Times of Israel reported that children were among the dead, while several other people were trapped in the rubble of a house.

If the death toll is confirmed, it would be the highest number of civilian casualties from a single airstrike in the current conflict, which began Monday.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) did not respond directly to the report of the deadly airstrike, but said in a statement reported by the Times of Israel that it had targeted several rocket launching sites and two Hamas “terror squads.”

“The attacks were carried out through a quick closing of the circle, lethal fire capability and accurate intelligence of the Gaza Division,” they said.

A nurse holds a baby who was pulled from a building wreckage following an Israeli air strike at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City on May 15, 2021.

AFP via Getty Images

israeli-airstrike-635

Nurses care for a baby who lost seven family members after an Israeli air strike struck a refugee camp in Gaza City on May 15, 2021.

AFP via Getty Images

Up Next

Mets’ seven-game win streak comes to an end after a…

Earlier in the evening, the IDF tweeted dramatic footage of a fireball caused by a rocket fired from Gaza hitting a fuel depot in the Mediterranean port of Ashdod.

“Barrages of rockets are being fired non-stop from Gaza into southern Israel,” the IDF wrote. “Tonight, a rocket hit the city of Ashdod—see the damage for yourself. This won’t go unanswered.”

An explosion from rockets from Gaza land on Ashdod in southern Israel.
An explosion from Gaza rockets land on Ashdod, Israel.
Israel Defense Forces / Twitter

No injuries were reported from the rocket strike in Ashdod, which was the third in the city across Friday night into Saturday morning. An earlier strike on the port and a direct hit on an apartment building also caused no reported injuries.

Nine Israelis have died during the latest conflict, including a 6-year-old boy and a soldier. Authorities in Gaza have reported that at least 126 people have been killed, including 31 children and 20 women. Israel claims that many of those civilian casualties have been caused by Hamas-launched rockets falling short of their targets.

Officials from Washington and Cairo are in the region trying to coax a halt to the fighting and the United Nations Security Council is expected to hold an emergency meeting Sunday morning. An Egyptian intelligence official told the Associated Press that Israel has already turned down an Egyptian proposal for a one-year cease-fire that Hamas had accepted.

Hamas has fired some 2,000 rockets toward Israel since Monday, according to the Israeli military.

With Post wires

Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system responds to rockets launched from the northern Gaza Strip on May 14, 2021.
Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system responds to rockets launched from the northern Gaza Strip on May 14, 2021.
Getty Images

Continue Reading

Trending