Connect with us

Breaking News

NASA releases new high-definition photos from Mars

Published

on

NASA releases new high-definition photos from Mars

NASA released new images on Wednesday showing a gorgeous panorama of Mars taken by its newly-landed Perseverance rover.

The rover’s Mastcam-Z camera system took 142 images upon landing on the Red Planet on Sunday.

The first high-definition photos of the planet show the rim of Jezero Crater, a prehistoric lake that’s believed to have had water and life billions of years ago.

“It’s glorious, it’s dusty, and we love it! This high-definition panoramic image from NASA Perseverance’s Mastcam-Z reveals the rim of Jezero Crater and cliff face of an ancient river delta in the distance,” NASA wrote on Instagram.

The agency on Monday released video of its landing — including the hair-raising “seven minutes of terror” it experienced when battling through tumultuous conditions to enter the atmosphere.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Trump blasts Sen. Mitch McConnell at Mar-a-Lago dinner: report

Published

on

Trump blasts Sen. Mitch McConnell at Mar-a-Lago dinner: report

Former President Donald Trump called Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell a “son of a bitch” during a donor soiree at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday, according to a report.

Trump veered from his prepared remarks when he lashed out at the Kentucky lawmaker, Reuters reported, citing an attendee at the Republican National Committee dinner in Palm Beach, Florida.

Vice President Mike Pence was also a target of the ex-president’s ire.

Trump said he recently told Pence that he was still disappointed in him for not intervening to stop the congressional certification of President Biden’s election win — something the VP didn’t have the authority to do.

Pro-Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol on Jan. 6 in an effort to stop the vote certification some of them caught on camera shouting that Pence should be hanged.

Speaking to hundreds of top donors Saturday, Trump didn’t rule out seeking another term in 2024, but said any talk of him possibly running should wait until after the November 2022 midterm elections.

Representatives for McConnell and Pence did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Reuters.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Sole survivor of South Carolina shooting by Phillip Adams dies

Published

on

Sole survivor of South Carolina shooting by Phillip Adams dies

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A sixth person has died following a shooting earlier this week at the hands of a former NFL player who also killed four members of a South Carolina family, local officials said Saturday.

Robert Shook, 38, an air conditioning technician from Cherryville, North Carolina, has died from injuries sustained in the Wednesday shooting while he was working at the home, according to York County Coroner Sabrina Gast.

Authorities say Phillip Adams killed Rock Hill physician Robert Lesslie; his wife, Barbara; two of their grandchildren, 9-year-old Adah Lesslie and 5-year-old Noah Lesslie; and another air conditioning technician, James Lewis, who had been working with Shook at the Lesslie home.

Adams later shot himself to death. His brain is now being examined for possible degenerative disease that has been shown to cause violent mood swings and other cognitive disorders in some athletes and members of the military.

Adams, 32, played in 78 NFL games over six seasons for six teams. He joined the 49ers in 2010 as a seventh-round draft pick out of South Carolina State, and though he rarely started, he went on to play for New England, Seattle, Oakland and the New York Jets before finishing his career with the Atlanta Falcons in 2015.

As a rookie, Adams suffered a severe ankle injury and never played for the 49ers again. Later, with the Raiders, he had two concussions over three games in 2012.

Whether he suffered long-lasting concussion-related injuries wasn’t immediately clear. Adams would not have been eligible for testing as part of a broad settlement between the league and former players over such injuries, because he hadn’t retired by 2014.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

UK won’t welcome Prince Harry home: Brexit leader Nigel Farage

Published

on

UK won't welcome Prince Harry home: Brexit leader Nigel Farage

At least one Brit doesn’t think Prince Harry should rush home for his beloved grandfather’s funeral.

Brexit leader Nigel Farage yanked up his welcome mat in a tweet slamming Harry and wife Meghan Markle for their terse statement on the death of Prince Philip Friday at age 99.

“For a couple that do public emotion as a career, this third person and one sentence statement shows their contempt for this great man and the monarchy,” Farage tweeted Friday.

“The British public will not welcome Harry and Meghan back, even for the funeral,” he added.

Buckingham Palace confirmed Saturday that Prince Harry, 36, will indeed make the trip home for the first time in a little more than a year to attend Prince Philip’s funeral — and that Markle won’t be with him.

The heavily pregnant Markle, 39, who is due to give birth to the couple’s daughter this summer, will stay home in California on her doctor’s advice — even though she flew to New York for a baby shower while seven months pregnant with son Archie in February 2019.

Continue Reading

Trending