Connect with us

Breaking News

Lincoln Project co-founder resigns amid contract dispute

Published

on

Lincoln Project co-founder resigns amid contract dispute

One of the Lincoln Project’s few female founders, has split from the anti-Trump super PAC after making hefty contract demands, the group claimed.

Jennifer Horn had a lofty wish list, including “an immediate ‘signing bonus’ payment of $250,000 and a $40,000 per month consulting contract,” the organization said in a statement posted to Twitter.

On Christmas Eve, Horn “demanded a board seat on the Lincoln Project, a television show, a podcast hosting assignment, and a staff to manage these endeavors,” all of which “were unanimously rejected by the management committee and board.”

She stepped down 48 hours later, the group said.

Horn, a “Never Trump” GOP operative who helped kickstart the organization in 2019, cited a very different reason for her departure: the sexting scandal of Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver, who has been accused of harassing dozens of young men.

“John Weaver’s grotesque and inappropriate behavior, coupled with his longstanding deceptions concerning that behavior, are sickening,” she told The New York Times. “It is clear at this point that my views about how the Lincoln Project’s efforts are managed, and the best way to move the Lincoln Project forward into the future in the wake of these awful events, have diverged.”

Weaver resigned last month amid allegations he sent the men unsolicited, sexually charged messages while dangling career opportunities.

Horn is the former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Party. She did not immediately return a voicemail from The Post.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Former Virginia corrections employee claims she was fired for wearing tampon

Published

on

By

Former Virginia corrections employee claims she was fired for wearing tampon

A former employee at the Virginia Department of Corrections can move forward with a lawsuit that claims she was fired because the jail thought her tampon was contraband, a judge ruled Monday.

Joyce Flores alleged in a lawsuit that she was axed from her job as a dental hygienist in July 2019 after her colleagues mistook a tampon for contraband during a body scan at the facility, despite her repeated attempts to explain the situation.

“At no point did [Flores] bring or attempt to bring contraband into ACC. The reason provided by VDOC for the termination is pretext for sex discrimination. Plaintiff’s employment was terminated because she was a menstruating female utilizing a feminine hygiene product when she arrived to work on July 17, 2019,” the suit, filed in November, charges.

In response, the Department of Corrections asked a judge to drop the claims, arguing that Flores didn’t provide enough evidence proving gender discrimination at the time of her firing, the Virginia Mercury reported.

However, District Judge Thomas Cullen rejected the department’s request, saying, “Flores’ menstruation and use of a tampon — conditions inextricable from her sex and her child-bearing capacity — she would not have been discharged.”

In 2018, the Virginia Department of Corrections banned women from wearing tampons while visiting inmates citing concerns that its body scanning system would not be able to differentiate the female hygiene product from contraband.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

By

Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy tests positive for COVID-19

Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy announced Wednesday he has tested positive for COVID-19.

The Republican governor was quarantining in his home with mild symptoms, his office said in a statement.

Dunleavy began to isolate himself after learning Sunday he had been in close contact with someone who had the virus. He got tested that same day and his results came back negative.

He had been feeling well until Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning, he tested again, and the resulte was positive, according to Dunleavy’s office.

Chief Medical Officer Dr. Anne Zink and the governor’s attending physician are monitoring him.

Meanwhile, Alaska House Speaker Louise Stutes also tested positive for the contagious bug.

Committee hearings were canceled for Thursday, and Stutes warned her colleagues not to enter the state Capitol unless it was necessary.

With Post wires

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Woman caught on video crashing into upstate NY bakery

Published

on

By

Woman caught on video crashing into upstate NY bakery

An 82-year-old woman could be seen on video as she drives straight into a bakery in upstate New York on Tuesday.

Kathryn Ford went to apply the brakes but accidentally hit the gas pedal, prompting her to plow into Dolce and Biscotti in Clifton Park shortly before 5 p.m., the Albany Times Union reported citing state police.

Inside, Ford continued hitting the gas, but luckily, Tom Fron, whose wife owns the bakery, ran over to the car to turn off the ignition.

“It was a miracle,” he told the outlet. “I was at the cash register and everyone else was in a separate corners of the bakery.”

“It happened so fast. I heard a crash and she was in the middle of the bakery,” Fron added. “We are blessed. Everything that was damaged can be repaired.”

Video of the crash shows the BMW slamming through the bakery’s glass windows, and into the kitchen where several employees ran for cover.

Ford had no injuries. Only one person suffered a minor arm injury and was treated by EMS at the scene.

The bakery posted on its Facebook page that it will be temporarily closed for one to two weeks due to renovations.

Continue Reading

Trending