Connect with us

Breaking News

Historic house rolls down hilly San Fran streets

Published

on

Historic house rolls down hilly San Fran streets

And you thought your last move was hard!

The owners of an 138-year-old Victorian house had it rolled down the hilly streets of San Francisco on its way to a new address.

The large green six-bedroom 1882 house was loaded on to giant dollies and paraded six blocks through the Golden Gate City from Franklin Street to Fulton Street, incredible footage from ABC7 showed.

A gaggle of amused onlookers lined the sidewalks to watch the 1 mph procession.

The first part of the journey involved navigating one of the city’s infamous hills.

“That’s always difficult for a house,” mover Phil Joy said.

Joy had to secure permits from more than 15 city agencies, while the homeowner coughed up $400,000 in fees and moving costs to relocate the historic house, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

To make way for the rolling house, parking meters were ripped up, tree limbs were trimmed and traffic signs were relocated.

At its old location, the house was valued at about $5 million, according to Zillow.

A building with 60 apartments will soon be erected on the now vacant site.

With Post wires

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

MO man kills wife, two children before committing suicide

Published

on

By

MO man kills wife, two children before committing suicide

A Missouri man suspected of murdering his estranged wife and her two children fatally shot himself as police tried to arrest him last week, a report said.

Bobby McCulley, 35, allegedly carried out the triple murder last Thursday — just five days after filing for divorce from 34-year-old Roseann Williams McCulley, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Roseann McCulley, her 13-year-old son, Kayden Johnson, 13, and her 6-year-old daughter Kaylee Brooks, were found dead at her home outside of St. Louis, the report said.

After the deadly shootings, Bobby McCulley is accused of taking his 1-year-old daughter, whom he shared with his estranged wife, prompting authorities to issue an Amber Alert.

Hours later, this baby was discovered unharmed with relatives of Bobby McCulley, police said.

The next morning at about 7 a.m., police found Bobby McCulley inside a car in St. Louis’ Old North neighborhood, the report said.

But as authorities closed in, he shot himself dead.

Bobby McCulley’s mother, 55-year-old Michelle Clayton, was charged with hindering the prosecution of a felony for allegedly trying to steer investigators away from her then-at-large son, the report said.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Meghan Markle’s interview was full of bull

Published

on

By

Meghan Markle's interview was full of bull

Pity poor Meghan Markle, won’t you?

And do so as she drops the kind of bombshells — Prince Harry’s family is not just openly racist, they drove her to consider suicide while pregnant and denied her the help she begged for — that will destroy once and for all any chance Harry had of reconciling with the British royal family.

“I wasn’t planning to say anything shocking!” Megs told Oprah.

Please. As we all know, Meghan’s not that good an actress. Or a dissembler.

Whopper Number One, at the interview’s outset: Meghan knew nothing of the British royal family — nothing! She’s American, after all!

Here she was, living her life, starring on a basic cable legal drama, when she got sucked into the vortex of royal life. Castles, riches, titles, instant global fame, a team of servants and advisors — none of these mattered a whit to her

“All the grandeur attached to this stuff,” said Meghan, has never meant anything, not part of the attraction at all.

Says the woman who invited Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney to her wedding — A-listers she’d never even met.

Oh, and lest we forget the Palace’s clapback this week, revealing that Meghan had been gifted blood diamonds by MBS after he authorized the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and wore them even though warned not to — a charge Meghan has not denied.

Whopper Number Two: She never so much as Googled Harry when they began dating. She also never so much as Googled herself or followed any of her media coverage because that too has never mattered to her — says the woman who posed for a Vanity Fair cover story before she and Harry were even engaged.

As for the catastrophic event Meghan calls “the turning point,” the moment she knew that the royals were plotting to destroy her and she and Harry had to go: The tabloid report that she made Duchess Kate cry.

No, says Meghan: Kate made her cry. And The Firm wouldn’t let Meghan issue a denial.

As Harry once infamously said, “What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!”

So are we to believe Meghan had no recourse until now? No friend or surrogate who could set the record straight? She is, after all, famously litigious when it comes to the British tabloids — you know, the ones she claims not to read.

Then came the day Meghan was advised not to go out to lunch with a friend, because she’d been far too visible.

“Well,” Meghan recalled saying, “I haven’t left the house in months!”

While we enter year two of quarantine.

Not since griping “not many people have asked me if I’m OK” amid starving, impoverished children in South Africa have we gotten such a tone-deaf utterance from dear old Megs, that perpetual victim.

“The Queen has always been wonderful to me,” said Meghan, before stating that a very senior royal — that would be either the Queen, Harry’s father Prince Charles (who, Harry tells us, stopped taking his calls for a time and has cut him off financially, wonder why), or brother Prince William — told a desperate, suicidal Meghan that she could not seek professional help.

So is Meghan saying they’d be happy if she killed herself?

Sure sounds like it. But after Harry joined the chat, he told Oprah that he never told any member of his family about that.

So which is it? The top royals knew and didn’t care or truly had no idea?

Meghan swiftly moved on, claiming that there was a serious discussion inside the royal family about how black her baby might be and the decision to refuse the child any security — zero, zip, nada, Meghan again implying the royals wouldn’t mind harm coming to a royal infant who wouldn’t be 100% white.

The British taxpayers spent millions on Harry and Meghan’s wedding. Prince Charles walked her down the aisle. The Queen, by Meghan’s own admission, was warm and embracing and maternal. Meghan quickly became an object of fascination and adoration, a unique figure who, like Diana, could modernize the crown.

Meghan and Harry had a lot of goodwill. People were rooting for them.

That was then.

As to Oprah’s question about whether Meghan wanted a royal life only to quickly leave and build her brand as a newly-minted global celebrity, nonsense, she says! None.

No follow-up from Oprah about building the SussexRoyal website once outside the castle walls and the couple’s attempt to monetize their title until the Queen smacked them down.

Interestingly, after Meghan denied having any kind of plan, Harry told Oprah he would never have left the royal family if not for Meghan.  

“I was trapped,” he said, “but I didn’t know I was trapped.”

Meghan helped him figure that out, he said. That’s why they announced they wanted a life of privacy before settling in L.A. and streaming endless videos from their $14 million mansion and signing deals with Spotify and Netflix and appearing on “So You Think You Can Dance” (Meghan) and sitting down for a primetime tell-all with Oprah Winfrey.

In the run-up to tonight’s special, Meghan and Harry announced that this would be their final word, for real. They’ve said all they’ve had to say and will be furthermore unavailable for comment.

What? You don’t believe them?

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of Derek Chauvin trial

Published

on

By

Protesters gather in Minneapolis on eve of Derek Chauvin trial

Hundreds of protesters took to the streets of Minneapolis on Sunday, as tension builds on the eve of ex-cop Derek Chauvin’s trial in the death of George Floyd.

The marchers displayed a white coffin draped with flowers and called for racial justice and a halt to police brutality, one day before jury selection is to begin in the volatile case.

“We have to remember that a man lost his life, a family lost a brother, a family lost a father, they lost a son, they lost an uncle,” Mohamed Ibrahim, deputy director of CAIR-MN, told the Star Tribune.

The march remained peaceful and included the music of Bob Marley, Prince, and Sam Cooke. It followed a prayer by clergy members with Pray for MN, an interfaith group formed after Floyd’s May 25 death that now has 150 member churches.

“Maybe we should take time to reflect on how frequently it happens,” demonstrator Ilyas Wehelie told the Tribune.

Protesters then gathered outside the Hennepin County Government Center, site of the upcoming trial that is due to begin with jury selection on Monday morning, WCCO said in a report.

Chauvin, 44, is charged with second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd’s death. Viral video of the incident shows the ex-cop with his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes while he pleads for air.

The incident sparked worldwide protests condemning police brutality.

Minneapolis officials have beefed up security for the trial, bringing in National Guard troops, and state, county, and city police, and reinforcing the courthouse and police precincts with barricades, security fencing, and barbed wire.

Continue Reading

Trending