Connect with us

Breaking News

Feds bust NY Capitol rioter who photographed congressional documents

Published

on

Christopher Moynihan has been arrested and charged after he broke into the Senate chamber and took photos of official congressional notes and documents during the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

A Capitol rioter from New York who broke into the Senate chamber and took photos of official congressional notes and documents during last month’s siege has been arrested and charged, according to federal authorities.

The suspect, Christopher Moynihan of Salt Point, was busted Thursday afternoon after two people he previously worked with told investigators they saw him in video footage of the riot, according to New York prosecutors.

In the footage, Moynihan is seen in the Senate chamber taking photos of official congressional documents that are “believed to detail the objections and votes of certain congressional members on the certification of electoral results,” an FBI agent wrote in a affidavit in support of federal charges against the suspect.

“There’s got to be something we can use against these f–king scumbags,” Moynihan is heard saying on the video as he rifles through the documents, prosecutors said.

Moynihan’s former co-workers gave the feds his cellphone number, and investigators linked it to a cell site near the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to court documents.

The suspect was hit with a number of charges by prosecutors in White Plains federal court, including disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

Five people died in the riot — including Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick — as a frenzied mob of Donald Trump supporters stormed the building that day in an attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

UK won’t welcome Prince Harry home: Brexit leader Nigel Farage

Published

on

UK won't welcome Prince Harry home: Brexit leader Nigel Farage

At least one Brit doesn’t think Prince Harry should rush home for his beloved grandfather’s funeral.

Brexit leader Nigel Farage yanked up his welcome mat in a tweet slamming Harry and wife Meghan Markle for their terse statement on the death of Prince Philip Friday at age 99.

“For a couple that do public emotion as a career, this third person and one sentence statement shows their contempt for this great man and the monarchy,” Farage tweeted Friday.

“The British public will not welcome Harry and Meghan back, even for the funeral,” he added.

Buckingham Palace confirmed Saturday that Prince Harry, 36, will indeed make the trip home for the first time in a little more than a year to attend Prince Philip’s funeral — and that Markle won’t be with him.

The heavily pregnant Markle, 39, who is due to give birth to the couple’s daughter this summer, will stay home in California on her doctor’s advice — even though she flew to New York for a baby shower while seven months pregnant with son Archie in February 2019.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Phone found laying on the bottom of lake for a year still works

Published

on

Phone found laying on the bottom of lake for a year still works

Somebody called in a miracle

A man who dropped his phone into a lake in Taiwan while paddle-boarding a year ago has successfully recovered it — and it still works thanks to its waterproof protective casing, the BBC reported Friday.

The man, identified only as Chen, thought his phone was gone forever when it sank to the bottom of Sun Moon Lake. A severe drought in Taiwan has dried up the iconic waterhole and Chen’s phone was found by a worker in the mud.

The drought, Taiwan’s worst in 56 years, has been less fun for most other residents however as the government has imposed severe water rationing.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

NASA Mars helicopter’s flight delayed due to technical issue

Published

on

NASA Mars helicopter's flight delayed due to technical issue

NASA will delay the historic flight of their Ingenuity helicopter — set to launch on Mars –until at least April 14, the agency said in a statement Saturday.

The agency said an issue arose during a rotor test.

“During a high-speed spin test of the rotors on Friday, the command sequence controlling the test ended early due to a ‘watchdog’ timer expiration. This occurred as it was trying to transition the flight computer from ‘Pre-Flight’ to ‘Flight’ mode,” the statement read. “The helicopter is safe and healthy and communicated its full telemetry set to Earth.”

The agency said they are were reviewing the situation and working “to diagnose and understand the issue.”

The Ingenuity was carried to the red planet attached to NASA’s Perseverance rover, which landed successfully on Mars last month. If the Ingenuity flight is successful it will be the first time humans have managed a controlled flight on another planet.

Continue Reading

Trending