Connect with us

Breaking News

Disgruntled ex-Walmart employee drives car into North Carolina store

Published

on

Disgruntled ex-Walmart employee drives car into North Carolina store

An enraged ex-Walmart employee crashed his car into a Concord, North Carolina, location, driving down several aisles of the store before he was stopped, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The terrifying incident unfolded at 6 am on Friday, police said.

The early hour meant there were no customers on site, but a number of employees — the man’s former colleagues — were in the store at the time of the collision.

Incredibly nobody was injured in the reckless incident, however there was significant damage to the facility.

A former Walmart employee was arrested after police said they crashed a car through the front doors of a Concord, North Carolina, store Friday morning, according to multiple news reports.

Former Walmart employee arrested after driving through NC store

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

North Carolina shoppers kept pulling into the parking lot of the Walmart in the wake of the furious ex-employee’s vehicular assault, but were turned away. 

The store was closed for the day after it was transformed into a messy crime scene.

North Carolina cops have identified the ex-employee as Lacy Cordell Gentry.

FOX 8 reports that he’s currently in custody.

They say Gentry is currently in the Cabarrus County Jail being held on a $100,000 bond.

‘Very disturbing’: Angry former employee drives through entrance, down aisles of NC Walmart

The former Walmart employee is looking at felony charges from North Carolina authorities.

These include assault on a government official with a deadly weapon, and breaking and entering.

Gentry has also received misdemeanor charges.

WSOC-TV spoke with Lauren Vanarsdale, a Concord, North Carolina, resident who expressed her disgust over the former Walmart Employee’s actions, saying, “What possesses somebody to do that?”

When officers got to the Walmart, they went inside and confronted the driver, taking him into custody without incident.

Former Walmart employee charged after plowing car into Concord store, police say

North Carolina authorities report that Gentry was an employee at the Walmart until last week, when he was fired.

The local cops have not released a motive.

CBS 17 reports that a Concord, North Carolina, police spokesperson indicated that the ex-Walmart employee “may have had some problem with the way the management was handling the issue he had with them.”

The statement continued: “If you take a car through a Walmart there’s going to be extensive damage, the aisles are wide enough, so there was a lot of property damage.”

Customers were shocked and disturbed when they found out why the store’s entrance was blocked. “To hear that somebody drove through the Walmart is very disturbing, to be honest with you,” one customer told FOX 46.

‘Very disturbing’: Disgruntled ex-employee drives through entrance, down aisles of NC Walmart

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Multiple people shot at Indianapolis FedEx facility

Published

on

Multiple people shot at Indianapolis FedEx facility

Multiple people were shot at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis on Thursday night, a report said.

Police first responded to reports of an active shooter at the building near the Indianapolis International Airport at about 11:10 p.m., WISH reported.

Dispatchers declared the shooting a “mass casualty” incident, which allows for more emergency responders, the report said.

Police did not immediately reveal how many people were shot, or the conditions of the victims.

One of the shooting victims was shot in her left arm as she sat in her car in the parking lot of the building, her uncle, Parminder Singh told CBS 4 reporter Courtney Crown.

“She called. She said there was a shooting in the Fedex [building],” Singh said.

He said his niece was hospitalized and is doing “fine.”

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Chicago Police release new video it says shows Adam Toledo was armed

Published

on

Chicago Police release new video it says shows Adam Toledo was armed

Chicago police say the 13-year-old who was shot dead by cops last month was holding a gun just before he was gunned down.

Video footage released by the CPD shows Adam Toledo running in an alley before being asked to stop and put his hands up, according to CBS 2 Chicago.

A grainy close up of the seventh-grader shows him holding what police claim is a gun in his right hand. Less than a second later, he was shot dead.

Disturbing body cam video shows the whole March 29 incident.

“Police, stop, stop right f—-g now,” Officer Eric Stillman is heard saying as he chased the teen down an alley. “Hands. Show me your f—-g hands.”

“Drop it, drop it,” the 34-year-old cop yells, before Toledo is seen turning around and the cop fires a single shot. 

Cops were responding to reports of gunshots in the area when they encountered Toledo and another suspect.

Police have maintained the Little Village incident was an armed confrontation, and a weapon was recovered.

Prosecutors had said Toledo was carrying a gun, but walked back the statement Thursday, saying the attorney “failed to fully inform himself,” and “the video speaks for itself,” the CBS affiliate reported.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Chicago prosecutor not ‘fully informed’ when he told judge Adam Toledo was armed

Published

on

Chicago prosecutor not 'fully informed' when he told judge Adam Toledo was armed

A Chicago prosecutor was not fully informed when he told a judge that 13-year-old Adam Toledo was armed with a gun when the teen was fatally shot by a police officer last month, a report said.

Cook County Assistant State Attorney James Murphy made the statement during a bond hearing for 21-year-old Ruben Roman, who was with Toledo leading up to the March 29 police shooting, WGN 9 reported.

“The officer tells [Toledo] to drop it as [Toledo] turns towards the officer. [Toledo] has a gun in his right hand,” the attorney said during the hearing, according to the report.

But on Thursday, a spokesperson for Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx told the outlet that a prosecutor in their office did not have all the information before presenting his argument.

“An attorney who works in this office failed to fully inform himself before speaking in court,” the spokesperson said.

Also on Thursday, video footage was released of Toledo’s killing, part of which shows the teen appearing to raise his hands a split second before he was fatally shot.

Continue Reading

Trending